HOME

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Shahrukh Khan in Vijay Singh’s next?

Reports claim that Paris-based Indian filmmaker Vijay Singh wants to cast ‘Badshah of Bollywood’ Shahrukh Khan as an Awadh king in his next biopic project.

He is currently in talks with the actor about the role and nothing has been confirmed about SRK’s featuring in the 18th century love story of an Awadh emperor Nawab Naseeruddin Haidar and a British lady.

"I had met Shah Rukh regarding the movie and he had liked the idea. I am planning to approach him again for the role of the Nawab. He ruled Awadh from 1826-36 and fell in love with a British girl but their love did not suit the interest of opium traders at that time," informed Vijay Singh, who is currently in Mumbai for the screening of his documentary ‘India by Song’.

"I have had a long association with Shah Rukh and wanted to cast him in 'Jaya Ganga' but he was very busy at that time and things did not fall into place," he said.

May cast Katrina Kaif opposite Khan, says Vijay
About the female lead for the movie, he said, “I have good vibes with Shah Rukh and I need a descent actor so he is the perfect choice. Earlier I was planning to take a Hollywood starlet opposite him for the role of the British girl but I might talk to Katrina Kaif. I have been told she is British and is a fine actress.”

While talking about the film he revealed that it will be an expensive movie, with a budget of 60-70 crores and the screenplay will be made more contemporary than the original story.

No comments:

Post a Comment